The abstract submission process will open at AEDT 17:00, on 14 March, 2018.
Please note the following information in preparation of your submission for 2018:
Abstracts will be accepted at the time of the submission process opening, from the following:
- General Surgical Trainees
- General Surgical Younger Fellows
- General Surgical International Medical Graduates
- Non-accredited Registrars
- Medical Students
Successful applicants will be eligible for research awards and prizes. Click here to find out more.
Please note the following prior to submitting your abstract:
- The title should be brief and explicit
- Research papers should follow the format of:
- Excluding title, authors (full given name plus family name) and institution, your abstract must not exceed *1,750 characters and spaces (approx. 250 words). References must be included in this allowance
- You may include one (1) figure or one (1) table to your abstract which will not be used towards the maximum character and spaces count.
- File format must be Word, Pages or similar to assist in the reproduction of selected abstracts for publication in the Final Program. Please do not submit PDF files.
- Case studies will not be considered
*Please note that abstracts exceeding the above mentioned character/space/word limit will be cut at the 250 word mark. Any word over this limit will be removed prior to being submitted to the Research Committee for ranking.
- Successful applicants for verbal presentations will be allocated a total of five minutes presentation time consisting of four (4) minutes presentation time plus one (1) minute for audience questions and answers. Please note that this time allowance will be strictly enforced, and is not open to discussion or changes
- There will be free-paper sessions allocated within the three-day program -02-04 October, 2018. Successful applicants will be randomly allocated to a date and time. Once this occurs, no changes can or will be made
- All accepted abstracts for verbal presentation will be printed in the official Final Program
- All successful applicants for a verbal presentation must register to attend the ASM
- All successful applicants for poster presentation will be required to supply a poster for display in a location deemed suitable by the Event Organiser, for the duration of the ASM – 02-04 October, 2018
- Submitted posters must be A0 1189mm H x 841mm W. Portrait orientation will only be accepted. Posters submitted in landscape orientation will not be accepted
- It is the responsibility of the successful applicant to deliver the poster, either in person or by mail, to the ASM venue, in time for display. Posters missing on route will not be the responsibility of the Event Organiser
- It is the responsibility of the successful applicant to collect their poster at the conclusion of the ASM. Posters left on display following the closure of the ASM will be disposed of
- Successful applicants will have the abstract title and submission author printed in the official Final Program
Awards & Prizes
Click here to view awards and prizes, and their eligibility.
Terms & Conditions
Click here for associated terms and conditions.
For all abstract related enquiries please contact the Event Organiser:
P +61 3 9249 1142